Monday, June 2, 2014

on the move challenge update...

well, as i mentioned, i appointed myself the captain of my work group's "On the Move" Team.  As in, i created a team, and i invited the group to join it.  I have 11 people on the team. i have been giving updates in our group meetings.  i plan to expand into fitness/health/nutrition info in my presentations.

the guy i challenged to run his first 5K?  he has run approx 40 miles since I created his plan.  he is on track for a 5K, and has signed up to run the Everett Yankee Doodle Dash on 7/4/14.  So far, 2 other people on my team have signed up for the 5K.  I'm going to sign up my whole family(T, A, and E).  We'll all run it together.  Nice, yeah?

I talk about crossfit at work, to anybody that seems remotely interested.  and to some that don't seem interested.  its hard not to proselytize, or to sound like a zealot.  but its so hard, when something is such a big part of your life, and such a big part of your family's life.  when you see the incredible positive results you have made in fitness and health, and when you have made such incredible friends, its hard not to want to share it.  so one of my co-workers on my team expressed interest.  i gave him a business card, got his assessment set up (and he completed it last friday) and he's staring the foundations class this week.  he seems interested in it, and I think he'll stick with it.  I'm excited to have someone else at work to be able to talk working out with.

so chalk up 2 successes for me so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment