Monday, June 30, 2014

6/28-29/14. saturday 6 miles, sunday 12 miles

6/28/14 Saturday.  time was a little tight, so I ran my 6 miles from the gym to ensure I would be there for T's yoga class.  out grandview, past legion park, down marine view drive, through marina, past navy base, back up to the gym.  wasn't intending to go to fast, but ran my 6 miles in 48:48, 8:07 min/mile.  felt good, weather was nice (warmish, approx 60 degrees, overcast, not too sunny).  i really enjoy this route, lots to look at and see.  especially nice to finish a run, have about 20 minutes to recover, then do an hour of yoga.  the stretching is really good.  this was a good day.

6/29/14. Sunday. the plan called for 12 miles, my longest run in several years.  went to the centennial trail. T and E rode bikes on the trail when I ran.  they went ahead and then stopped at Machias station.  it was cool to come around the bend and see some friendly faces.  then I saw my friend adam on the trail, riding his road bike. I ran the Seattle Rock and Roll with Adam 2 years ago (I went full, he went half), and we also did the tough mudder together.  he's almost wrapped up his training for the STP (seattle to portland bike ride) which is pretty cool.  so even after a few stops to socialize, i still ran the 12 in 1:42:46 elapsed.  moving time of 1:40:28, avg moving pace of 8:22 min/mile.  this was a good pace for long run.  I used a Gu Roctaine every 30 minutes.  I took 5g of L-Glutamine prior to the run, and 1g every 30 minutes during.  refueling went well, no queasiness or discomfort.I tried some new race gear - my new "nike 2" raceday" shorts.  2", as in 2 inch inseam, split up to the waist on the sides for mobility, flat seams, laser cut edges.  sexy black shorts.  the liner was pretty tight, but i guess with a 2" inseam, its pretty important to keep everything tightly contained.    there was some sort of crazy deluge of rain at about mile 7.  it seriously dumped buckets, rained so hard i couldn't see the trail.  the rain washed sweat into my eys and it burned so bad i was cursing, shaking my fist at the heavens.  my shoes/socks soaked up so much water I could barely run.  it felt like i my shoes and socks weighted 10 pounds per foot.  but i stuck it out and kept running.  I was so glad to get this one finished.  left me stiff and sore, going into a step down recovery week.

so that's it, an 18 mile weekend is over.  my 30 mile week is wrapped up.  I am over 600 miles into my training.  I have 12 weeks and 5 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment