Wednesday, June 11, 2014

6/10/14. run. strength 2.

up at at 4:35am, on the street by 4:50 am, knocked 3 early am miles.  it was a little chilly, so I wore a long sleeve shirt.  didn't see hardly anybody out on the street - a walker or 2, only one other runner.  maybe the enthusiasm of summer has worn off already?  the first run of the week (after a rest day) is always the easiest.  avg'd an 8:17 min/mile pace, but i didn't really feel like I was pushing too hard. 

hit the gym after work.  Strength 2: back squats, deadlifts, front rack barbell lunges, and toes 2 bar.  same weights as last week, didn't feel too terrible.  added pistol progressions.  I read the one legged squats a a good leg workout for runners to have in their arsenal - isolate one leg at a time instead of the more isometric type of lifting.  pistols are hard - i can't do them.  i started my progressions by doing the one legged squat, lowering down to a 20 inch box, touch and go.  10 per leg, 3 sets.  by the time i had 30 per leg, my glutes and hips were wailing.  I think I am going to keep these in my workout.  the gym was crowded but that was cool - it was nice seeing a lot of people around.

christmas in June - box of supplements came in the mail.  I am going to start with the Gu on the long runs (in about 2 weeks) and I saw I was down to 4 or 5 packs.  trying a new flavor - cherry lime.  hope its good.  got the bottle of L Glutamine caps, also going to give those a shot on long runs.  T wanted another flavor of NOxplode (she hates my blue razz) so picked up a jug of lemonade.


6/10/14. run. strength 2. coffee. almonds/cashews. stuffed poblano peppers. peas. protein shake. BBQ chicken taco salad. strawberries and shortbread. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment