Thursday, June 26, 2014

6/26/14. wed. longish run.

it was hard to run 10K today.  this is a another step-up week, target of 30 miles total for the week.  I am really stiff and sore.  my gait felt so forced and unnatural that when i started to run, it felt like i was running on stilts.  but it was beautiful outside - 69 degrees, 50% humidity, very sunny.  I ran in the shade as much as possible, and it was noticeably cooler.  there was also a very nice breeze for most of the run.  i seriously wore the minimum amount of clothing you can get away with, and still be legal.  shoes, socks, running shorts (2 inch inseam, side split).  i still sweat a lot while running, but i was more comfortable.  as far as what other people think when they see me?  not my problem, I'm training.  6 miles felt long for a midweek run, but i know it will only get longer from here on out.  still managed to hold an average moving pace of 8:27 min/mile (7.1 mph).  probably running a little too hard, but i tend not to watch my pace and just run by feel.

6/26/14. coffee. orange. almonds/cashews. greek meatballs/cucumber/tomato/roasted red pepper/feta on a pita, snap peas. lunchmeat/cheese. spaghetti/meatballs, salad. probably 3/4 of a pound of cherries.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment