Sunday, June 29, 2014

6/27/14. thursday. 3 mile run. strength 3.

woke up at 3:15am, to send A off on his class trip to the east coast.  couldn't go back to sleep, ended up going out for my run at 4am.  it was warm, about 60 degrees.  it was dark when i left, but when i hit the far end of my 3 mile loop, i could see the sky beginning to get light in the east.  it was incredibly beautiful - orange/red at the horizon, bleeding into blue, then purple, then dark, as you panned your eyes from the horizon, up and and overhead.  wow, I'm glad I could see this.

on the other hand, it was a very hard 3 miles.  less than 11 hours after yesterdays's 10K.  I'm stiff and sore.  it was a trial to force myself to run every step.  definitely not easy, and the lack of sleep will catch up with me.

hit the gym after work for strength 3. Not too bad, kbell rows, dips, calf raise, GHD situps and back extensions. I intentionally set up the 3rd of the week to not be too bad on the legs. Took a long time, but worked hard.  

Looking forward to a rest day. Then a tough weekend. Longest run in several years coming.

6/26/14. coffee. orange. almonds/cashews. spaghetti/meatballs. apple. nuts. Chicken fried meatloaf sandwich, French fries. Cheesecake.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment