Sunday, August 10, 2014

8/9/14. sat. a fast 8 miles, and a few hours surfing

the plan called for an 8 mile run at race pace.  i tend not to actually look at my pace much, i just try to run fast.  knocked out my 8 in 1:02:38, avg moving pace of 7:50 min/mile.  i was pretty happy to hold this fast of a pace over this distance.  the humidity was tough.  the air felt thick.  it was overcast, and it rained a bit.  but it seemed to evaporate into the air before it hit the ground.  just made it harder to breathe.

as soon as i got back, E and I headed out for a surfing clinic at myrtle beach state park.  we had a blast.  E was a rock star, and was surfing like a champ in no time at all.  me, not so much.  my legs were a little tight after my pace run, and a few times my hamstring cramped up when I tried to stand up on the board.  but i never gave up.  had a good time, and i know E will never forget we did this together.

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment