Monday, August 11, 2014

8/10/14. Sunday. The Long Run.

The plan called for 18 miles, my longest run since since my last full, over 2 years ago. I knew it was going to be hot and humid, so I got up at 0530 figuring I'd get an early start. Tell you what, that wasn't early enough.  It had rained over night, and it was so steamy and humid. As the sun came up, there was just a haze of humidity. It was actually hard to breathe. I started out fairly well, but as it got hotter I ran slower.  The second 15k felt much slower.  My average moving pace ended up around 9:05 min/mile, which just shows how the weather affected me.

So the longest run in this plan (so far) is complete. My highest mileage week (ever!) is complete, at 44 miles. I am over 825 miles into the plan.

6 weeks and 5 days.

Let's just get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment