Friday, August 29, 2014

5/28/14. thurs. 5 miles through Everett.

the day was busy and i needed to get out of work early for a dentist appnt, so i couldn't run before work (5 miles takes longer and I get to work a little later).  so i planned to get home after the dentist, change, and go to the gym with my family.  that way i could run everett while they worked out. 

i really like my run through everett. i head out from CFE up grandview, to the end where it hits Legion Park, then circle back up on either rucker or hoyt.  this is neighborhood running, with smooth sidewalks, nice ramps up/down at intersections (minimal curbs to step over), fairly flat, and real fast.  its not crowded, and the views are awesome.  looking out over the marina, the water, whidbey island, the little neighborhood parks.  its just really nice and i'm glad to squeeze this one in every once in a while.  its nice to spend a little extra time with my family, and when i get back from my run i can watch them finish up their workout.

it was sunny with a good temp, low 70s, with a nice breeze.  i ran pretty fast, but didn't feel like i was pushing it too hard.  the flatness helped make my pace look good - avg pace of 8:05 min/mile which is pretty fast for me.  it was a good run, everything felt pretty good, and i was happy with it.

a day of rest, a casual weekend (slow miles all weekend, 8 on sat, 12 on sunday) prepare for the peak of my training NEXT WEEK.  next week will be my last high mileage week, and my last REALLY LONG RUN.

30 and a wake-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment