Tuesday, August 19, 2014

8/18/14. monday. rest from running, easy workout day.

I had a real bad flare up of my right heel/arch pain.  when i woke up, i couldn't even put any weight on my foot. limping around was really scary.  i'm not sure what set it off.  I ran that half marathon sunday which should have been no big deal.  then i wore some new shoes, and spent over 6 hours trapped in a seated position on the airplane.  it all added up to pain and stiffness.  i was really limping when we got home sunday night, and it got no better overnight.  it was a rest day from running, and I had intended to just take the day off completely.  at work i iced my foot and rolled it with my triggerpoint "tpfballer" roller for a while.  it was depressing being back at work.  for over 2 weeks i ran hard, and i felt great.  I ran my highest mileage week in my entire life, with no adverse effect (other than a few toenails).  lots of running, but it was vacation running - no stress, no schedule, no office desk/chair, and lots of other activity (walking around, going to the beach, playing in the ocean, etc).  lots of miles, no issues.  one day back in the office, and my lower back, my hips, my quads, my calfs, my feet, everything is stiff and sore.  plus the heel/arch pain.  argh.  i wish i could take the next 5 weeks and 4 days off from work and concentrate on training.  stress, recover, repeat.

but when i got home from work, T was about to head out to the gym.  so i went with her.  knocked out 7 rounds of cindy, felt pretty good.  the more i walked around the gym, the less my foot hurt.  i think the activity was good.  i was glad to see a lot of friends again, and its definitely nice to be back.  after my slow easy bodyweight workout, i spent some quality time with the foam roller.  maybe hitting the roller 5 days a week on vacation was another contributor to feeling pretty good.  I think i will try to keep this up.  just not enough hours in the day.

5 weeks and 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment