Saturday, August 16, 2014

8/11-12/14. Mon. Tues. a workout and a short run.

8/11/14. Monday. I was feeling pretty shagged from my 44 mile week, and especially from my 18 mile long run the day before, so I went pretty easy in the gym. 6 slow rounds of Cindy (5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats). I mostly just had a good time with T, spotted her during her lifts, helped her set up equip for her WOD, etc.  and I foam rolled a lot.  All lower body.  Nothing eventful, but I am going into a recovery week (if you can all a 28 mile week a "recovery").

8/12/14. Tuesday. Just a 5 mile run along the coastline.  Even at 6am, its fairly hot (over 80 degrees), and really humid. At home, it seems to take about a mile before I even break a sweat.  But here, I walk out the door and before I reach the end of the street I'm just dripping with sweat.  The route I ru is flat, though.  Seriously, it's only about a 5 foot elevation change (over the half mile from the house down to Ocean Ave along the coast), then there is zero elevation change for any number of miles I run.  I would worry that this flat running would be too easy, and that I would be getting soft out here, but the heat and the humidity are keeping it tough. I hope it's balancing out and that this trip hasn't set me back in my training. After my run I went to the gym with T, but just to keep her company. Play around on the rig a bit - a few sets of pullups, toes 2 bar, chin ups, just to kill some time while she works out.  Some foam rolling, and I was good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment