Wednesday, August 27, 2014

8/26/14. Tues. 5am, 5 miles.

well, i am over 900 miles into the plan, with about 140 more before i toe up to the start line in Berlin.  just a month away.  now is the time to buckle down and get some work done.  there's no free ride, every mile i run before i leave makes a difference, every training day is equally important. there is no room for walking, there is no day that can be skipped.

i was up and on the street before 5am, and it was really dark.  it was so clear I could really see the stars.  leaving the house on a cool, clear, dark morning with the stars so bright in the sky, that makes it feel like fall.  i have an awesome memory of getting up *early* due to some forced OT at work, and seeing the incredible display of constellations over my house.  i remember waking A up (he was just a toddler) and bringing him out, wrapped in his blanket, just to see the stars.  having this memory this morning made my run easier.  but it was my first run after my 20 mile odyssey on sunday, and i felt it every step of the way. my right foot (heel/arch) was just tight, and threw my gait off for awhile.  after about a quarter mile or so, this seems to loosen up (or just go numb) and i can knock out my miles OK.  i like running in the dark, and i like running when there are no people or cars or traffic.  the air is clear, the path is open, and i can just do my thing.  i would say my transition to longer runs in the morning is going well.  tues/thurs used to be 3 mile days, then 4 miles days, now 5 mile days.  things seem to be on track, and i am doing the best i can.

32 and a wake-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment