Friday, August 22, 2014

8/21/14 thurs. 5 mile run at 0500.

slept in a little, as the week was catching up with me.  plus its always hard to do a longish run wed evening, then get up and run again thurs morning.  plus the fact that 5 miles before dawn still feels wrong.  conditions were good, it was about 57 degrees and dark, with a breeze.  they say that if you feel warm enough before you start, you're over-dressed or its too hot.  well, i definitely felt a little chilly as i set out, in fact it almost felt like the start of fall. 

i wore my adidas energy boost shoes, and i honestly feel they ran a little faster than my glides.  i really want these to be my race shoes, but they concern me for a few reasons.
  1. my right heel/arch is still bothering me, and the boosts don't have a lot of the thick foam padding that i suspect would be helpful for the long run.  
  2. my toes are really falling apart, and the boosts are kind of a stretchy material that fits pretty snug (even though i bought a full size over as recommended).  they have room in length, but they are snug on top of the toes.
So my plan is to wear these shoes once a week over the next few weeks, with successively longer runs, to make sure that my feet still feel OK while running in them.  a 5 miler this week, a 12 next week, and a 20 the week after.  if i can complete the 20 with no significant foot issues, then these will be my Berlin shoes.  after the 5 miler, my heel/arch didn't feel any worse than when i started.  good news so far.


I also have spent a lot of time rolling my heel/arch under my desk while i am working, using the triggerpoint TPFootballer roller.  i hope that this will help. 

5 weeks and 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment