Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday. 9/19/14. now i need to get back in control.

all right.  the emergency root canal is behind me.  i can truly say that was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life.  the pain in my tooth prior to the procedure was excrutiating.  i couldn't sleep, i couldn't eat, and i couldn't live my life.  there was no way to make the throbbing aching and pain stop.  it was truly enough to make somebody go crazy.  but i hope its sortet out now.  seriously, this was the best time this could have happened.  if it had happened a few weeks ago, and messed up my high mileage week, i would have been extremely concerned about how it affected the peak of my training. if it happened a week from now, i would have been searching for a endodontist in germany (and all the associated issues of pain and needing medical care in a foreign country) and it would have impacted the actual race.  having this happen in a taper week sucked, but it was the best possible way this could have gone down.  I'm still not out of the woods yet.  things are not 100%.  there is still some discomfort, and i still can't eat on that side of my mouth and it still feels like my bite is uneven (the affected tooth is hitting early when i close my teeth).  so i still have plenty to worry about, but at least i could sleep last night.  first solid night of sleep since sunday night.

now i need to get back on top.  get back in the game.  this was just a 2 day time out, it was not quitting.  with 11 months in, and over 1000 miles run, i am conditioned.  i just need my tooth to heal and my body to get race ready.  i have 8 more days to be the tip of the spear.  part animal, part machine.  i missed a 4 mile run, during my taper week.  its no big deal.  i still have 15 training miles left to run in the USA, 6 training miles to run on german soil, then the marathon.

8 and a wake-up. 21 more miles to the start line.

No comments:

Post a Comment