Monday, September 22, 2014

9/20-21/14. my last weekend at home. my final race prep has begun.

9/20-22/14. my last weekend at home.  my final race prep has begun.

had a sports massage thurs night, really working the legs and feet.  I feel pretty loose and limber, thanks to Mel.  saturday morning, got the pre-race haircut and shave.  high speed, low drag.  then i ran an easy 3 miles.  this was my first run since my emergency root canal, and i took it easy.  T ran with me, so we ran at her pace.  just putting in a few miles on a beautiful sunny day.  it felt fine, and no pain or throbbing in my tooth. 


sunday was my last Long Run, but it was only 8 miles.  knocked those 8 miles out, didn't feel too terrible, kept a pretty smooth pace and a decent time.  the weather was beautiful, and it was kind of cool to take a last long run over the route i have run so many times in the last 11 months.  i feel like i know every stretch of road and sidewalk over that route.  took it fairly easy, pushed a little, but i was certainly not trying to break any speed records.



monday. hit the gym for my last marathon plan bodyweight workout.  6 rounds: 5 strict pull ups, 10 push ups, 10 GHD sit ups.  felt a little slow and tired.  but that was it.  no more work outs planned.

i got a nice write-up and some awesome encouragement from my friends at my gym, with an awesome slideshow of support signs.  i'm lucky to have the support and the friendship.  i'll try hard not to fuck this up.  http://www.crossfiteverett.com/get-it-joe/

5 and a wake-up.  10 miles to the start line.

1 comment:

  1. 1. That is a really awesome message from your gym. It almost makes me want to cross fit.
    2. I am sad you didn't include the part where, after your first 5k, I said, 'You're hooked. Next thing you know you are going to be running Marathons', and you were all like 'NO, I'm not at all interested in running a marathon.' Yeah, this whole comment is just so that I can say 'Admit that i was right!'
    3. Any way, have a good run. Enjoy Berlin a bit for me.

    ReplyDelete