Wednesday, September 24, 2014

9/24/14. 4 miles in germany.

Yeah, 4 miles. That only counts the run. Then I walked and walked and walked. I couldnt help myself. I would see something cool ahead I wanted to see and start walking. And then something else. And again. And again. Berlin is such a bizarre mix of building and architecture. Crazy 60s Bauhaus apartment complex next to a castle? Brand new high tech glass and steel sprouting out of the top of a huge old stone building. The Brandenburg gate. The victory statue, which brought tears to my eyes when I ran past it. I probably walked 15 miles, which was a mistake. I'm tired and my legs/back/knees are sore. No more siteseeing. It's only Wednesday. I can still recover.  Although its Wednesday night, and I haven't slept since Monday night back in mukilteo. I'm about to collapse. 

Tomorrow is the expo. I'll learn to take the subway. Then no extra walking and seeing things. Friday I have no plans. That could be a problem. Then Saturday, 2 mile run. 

3 and a wake up. 2 more miles to the start line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment