Tuesday, September 16, 2014

9/15-16/14. monday/tues. bodyweight workout. 4 miles at 0500.

9/15/14. Monday. all in all, it was a pretty easy workout.  as my mileage goes back down, i feel like i have a little more energy.  i hit the gym at 5:30am, and did 6 rounds of a modified Cindy: 5 strict pull ups, 10 push ups, 10 GHD sit-ups.  took it pretty slow, more into how much to get done, rather than how fast i can do it.  i did some light stretching, some sun salutations.  just sticking to my plan, and getting some work done.

9/16/14. Tuesday. up at 0445, out the door by 0500, ran my 4 miles.  it was nice to cut back to 4 miles.  i was still tempted by the 3 mile turn around point, but i was happy not to keep going towards the 5 mile turn around.  it was pitch black, not too cold (about 58 degrees), and a cool breeze was blowing.  body felt pretty good, and i ran like a ghost.  i passed 3 other runners on my way.  couldn't help myself.  as i slowly started to overtake them, one after another, i just thought I ought to take them.  i didn't have to push too hard, so it was ok.  no sprinting, just let my pace gradually overtake and then pass them. maintained an avg pace of 8:21 min/mile.  it was a stiff pace, but not too bad.

11 and a wake-up. 30 miles to the start line.

No comments:

Post a Comment