Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/10/14. wed. The mid-week Longish run, 6 miles.

did this run after work so i could enjoy some sunshine.  but maybe not worth it, considering i had to deal with the traffic and congestion and exhaust fumes.  i had to wait at every red light.  i think my 6 mile route was not thought out too well, its actually the route i used for my 10k runs, with extra distance for a cool down walk after.  so i ended up running the 6, then walking another mile or so to get home.  but it was nice reducing my mid-week longish run down to 6.  i felt like it was short enough i was ok not to have a snack first, but i started to feel a little weak halfway through.  turns out i was running a little fast also, not sure how that happened.  it just did.  the right heel/instep is really flared up right now.  the tightness makes it feel like i am running on the outside edge of my foot, and i think this out of the ordinary stride is maybe what's causing my right knee to feel a little funny.  i plan on doing some icing and rolling of the foot tomorrow while i sit at my desk.  it's worrisome.  the miles are starting to reduce. berlin is coming close.  i need to get to 100%, and i need this pain to go away.  i am afraid that my upcoming runs, although shorter, could cause more problems.  I am kind of convincing myself that the heel/instep issue is plantar fasciitis and is increasing due to the wear and tear on my shoes and the lack of foam support.  my remaining miles are just so low, relatively, its hard to think about trying to get/wear new shoes right now.

17 and a wake-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment