Tuesday, September 23, 2014

9/23/14. last 4 miles on US soil.

that's it.  i ran my last 4 miles on US soil.  this is about to get very real, very quickly.  like when i roll out in about 30 minutes, that kind of real.

got a lot on my mind.
1) goddam root canal.  i thought i was done, and last night's appnt was just a check up.  when i sat down, i said "so what are we in for today?".  to my dismay, the answer was "the 2nd half of the procedure, so prepare to get numbed up".  that was hell. 8 shots of novacain. more drilling, scraping, packing, filling.  another Rx for antibiotics and pain-killers.  head and tooth are throbbing again. how can i relax and taper and prep and recover when my body keep getting this dental trauma.  argh!
2) my best friend in the world is in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism, related to a sports injury a few weeks back.  that's serious, but i know he's in the right place.  hey, i know you probably won't be reading this, but if you do, you know that I did all of this, in fact i did any any of this, because you asked me to.  thanks for the USMC Mud Run. 

oh well.  the cards are dealt, now i play my hand.  off on an adventure, on foreign soil, running solo. 

4 and a wake-up. 6 miles to the start line.

No comments:

Post a Comment