Wednesday, September 10, 2014

9/9/14. tues. 5 miles at 0500

nothing too incredible about getting up at 0445 and slogging through another 5 miles in the dark.  set the alarm for 0435, but couldn't drag myself out of bed for 10 more minutes.  slothful.  i was a little stiff and sore, and my right heel/arch was acting up.  even though i was feeling tired and a little sore, it was actually a fast pace for a tues AM 5 miles - it was 5 miles in 42:11, avg pace of 8:26 min/mile.  really felt like fall out there - its getting cooler, and staying dark longer.  i like the coolness, mid to upper 50s is the perfect temp for running.  somedays i wish i had somebody running with me, to help with motivation to just get going.  but running alone in the dark is cool, and the fact is nobody is going to hold my hand through this.  this week is my last 5 mile tues/thurs.  next week will be down to 4 each, then the week after is full on taper.  the end is in sight.  in fact, after my 12 on sunday, its all downhill to Berlin.

I should quit worrying so much about travel, so i can concentrate on the run.  i got an email reply from Henry Rollins yesterday.  he told me "most everyone in germany speaks english, just be polite, and germany will be easier to navigate than arkansas".  right on, Henry. thank you.

18 and a wake-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment