Friday, August 8, 2014

8/6/14. Wed. Mid week longish run.

Up at 0600 to do my midweek longish run. These are a lot of miles this week. It's getting really hot, and the humidity is getting tough. I have to run slow, and it's hard to breathe. 8 miles on a Wednesday  feels like a long way. But it is beautiful to run along the coast as the sun rises. My 8 mile loop is from the house, down ocean drive all the way through Surfside, and into Garden City. My turn around point is a block past the Garden City Pier. Saturday is supposed to be 8 miles at pace. I have no idea how that will go with these conditions.

I went to the gym with T, right after my run. Mostly took it easy. Knocked out some pullups, toes2bar, dips, just because I could. But spent a lot of time with a foam roller, working my legs. Especially the calves. I also helped T with her workout. Spotted her during some heavy back squats. Set up the equip for her WOD. Helped and coached form a little. The trainers at that gym must think I'm a big slacker, since it appears what I mostly do there is watch my wife work out. Maybe they think she's a superstar athlete and I just travel with her as her trainer. Whatever. Nothing can stand in the way of my 44 mile week.

Also been playing in the ocean a lot with the kids. For as many miles as I'm running, I honestly feel pretty damn good. Without the stress of work, and without sitting at that desk for 9 hrs every day, I am recovering really well from my runs and everything feels tip top shape. When I head out in the morning on a run, I don't have that pain and stiffness in my lower body. My hip flexor feels good. My knees and lower legs feel better than last week. Even my right heel is almost forgotten. That black toenail, though, that continues to get worse - no big deal, it comes with the territory. With as good as I feel right now, it makes me wish I could take off from work for the last month before Berlin, and throw myself into training. I think I could really make some gains if all I hadtoworry about was training.

No comments:

Post a Comment