Sunday, August 3, 2014

8/3/14. sunday. back on track with 17 miles

8/3/14. sunday. The Long Run is done!

back on track. the monsoon passed and the clouds broke.  i got out and knocked out my 17 miles, south carolina style.  and by that i mean really hot, and so freakin humid you can barely breathe.  ran down ocean blvd as far as i could, then I had to run some loops to get my mileage up.  that was difficult, to run past the house, wanting to be done, but with more miles to go.

the view of the beach while running, and my route...


I drank 2 liters of water while running (my whole nathan pack), and my Gu gels got runny when with the heat.  I am so so so relieved to get that done and to be back on plan.  that was a 41 mile week.  my highest mileage week ever.  I am so thankful to be able to do that. 

and now a day of rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment