Thursday, May 29, 2014

5/28/14. Wed. mid-week, "longish" run.

I am well into the first week of the second half of The Plan.  typical schedule has shorter runs Tues/Thurs.  Longish run Wed.  then a fast longish run Sat and The Long Run on Sunday.  5 days of running a week.  ramp up for approx 3 weeks, then have a cut back recovery week.  repeat this cycle until Berlin.  mileage starts with approx 24 total miles this week.  I will see a max number of miles in August when I hit 43 miles/week.  its kind of comforting to know my days are planned and my runs are slated.  no guesswork, no screwing around.  just perform.

running 5 wed afternoon was tough.  i am still feeling Murph'd.  my legs are super stiff and sore.  whatever tendon/muscle runs up your inner thigh is just aching.  and having a stiff and sore upper body makes for a hard run.  its hard to let go and relax and run, when you are constantly reminded of your arms/shoulders/chest.  it was a fairly slow 5 miles, took me 44:17.  slow and steady, I guess.  this whole week has been difficult.  no more Murph this year.

5/28/14. run. coffee. orange. nuts. meatloaf and carrot ragout with mashed potatoes and corn. apple. nuts. bbq chicken sandwich. broccoli salad. salad. lot of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment