Tuesday, May 13, 2014

5/13/14. monday. strength 1 and a run in the mask.

at the gym by 5:30am, worked through my monday strength training.  it was strange to be at the gym that early and have it getting light out.  something about being there when it was pitch black, way before sunrise, used to make it feel kind of secret, kind of illicit.  but summer is coming. since I can do pushups at home, I continue to substitute bench presses for the pushups.  I will need to work out what a third day will entail, once my running plan drops to 5 days a week.

3 miles in the mask after work. it was so hot, i started out the door in a t-shirt and got about 5 feet before saying no way.  left the shirt laying on the front porch.  knocked out my miles in the mask, never easy, but maybe not as hard as when i first started wearing it.  I guess my training is more important to me that what other people think of me, because i must look like a crazy person running through my small town in a pair of running shorts and an elevation training mask.  i guess in 2 weeks, when the plan changes up, tuesday will become mask day.  tuesday runs will stay at 3 miles for 6 weeks, then ramp up to 4 miles, then 5 miles. at least for those short ones, i will continue to work in the mask.  I am not sure if there is a quantifiable benefit that come from training in the mask.  the theory seems sound.  it doesn't seem like it can hurt to train in it (not a lasting damaging hurt, that is, as opposed to the aches and pains of normal training). oh well, it was only 3 miles and it was just fine.

5/12/14. strict presses. pull ups. bench presses. GHD sit ups. GHD back ext. elevation mask run. protein shake. coffee. orange. almonds. beef stroganoff. green onions. apple. almonds. coconut chicken, white rice, peas. sunflower seeds. trail mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment