Tuesday, January 6, 2015

1325 in 2014

so i was reviewing my data from 2014.  I ran 1325 miles in 2014.  and 4 of those months were not even training months (avg'd less than 20 miles/week in Jan, Feb, Oct, Nov - the 2 months before and 2 months after Berlin training).  I remember every step of every mile.  distances, elevations, temperatures, miles.  From short runs to long runs, hill repeats to sprint intervals, peaceful relaxing trail runs to angry elevation mask grinds.  from Long Beach WA, to Mukilteo, to Myrtle Beach SC, to Berlin, Germany.  From early spring running on the foggy beaches of the OR/WA coastline, to late fall miles along the River Spree between East and West Berlin.  from cold and rainy and snowy to hot and humid.  midday broiling shirtless runs to 5am freezing trail runs with headlamps and flashlights.  It was a long, eventful year.  I'm proud of how it went - i set a goal to run in the Berlin Marathon, I ran my miles per plan, and I traveled alone, farther than i have ever gone, and ran it.

now i am about 4 weeks into my ultra plan, with 12 weeks to go.  things are settling into a rhythm, and i can kind of see the patterns.  every tues morning i run 50 minutes.  wed alternates hilly or hill repeats, and the duration increases each week.  every thurs morning i run 75 minutes.  every sat is the long run, right now it inches up by 2 miles a week.  every sunday is an hour on the trail.  I still hit the gym Mondays and Thursdays.  like i said, settling into a rhythm.  by my best estimates, my weekly mileage will top out at week 12 with about 50-55 miles.  that is just unbelievable.  I can't wait to see if I can keep it up.

so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment