Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 5.12/31/13, Tues. just a crossfit day. But I want to talk supplementation...

Feels funny to say "just a crossfit day". I think after more than a month of 9 workouts a week, i think my body is compensating.  Honestly, i kind of felt like going for a run, but it's not in the plan today. Feels weird. Like I said the other day, when I'm not out on the road, I feel like I want to. But once I'm out, I think "what kind of dumbass willingly does this?". It's a terrible dichotomy for me.

Warm up was 10 min EMOM, 10 dips. I was weak and lazy. I know I couldn't do 100 unassisted dips in 10 min, and I needed a band. I felt like I would fail around round 6 or 7 if I used blue. So I rationalized using a green band so I could easily complete all 100, 10 per minute. I was fucking weak,  and I wish I could take it back. I should have done unassisted, to failure, then blue to failure, then green to finish. Who cares if didn't make 100, but it would have made me stronger. Sometimes I hate myself for taking the easy way out.

WOD was 5 rounds for time, 25 situps and 15 box jumps (24").  Kept my eye on the time, felt I could do it in under 10, and hit 9:41. Easy body weight Rx, barely broke a sweat. Was nice to have an easy day after last week's violation called the 12 days of Christmas WOD.   But maybe it was too easy, because I'm feeling a little anxious. Like I should WOD again or run today.

Supplementation. Every day, I take the same supplements, 7 days a week. Maybe they help, probably they don't hurt. Anybody else take anything different? Why? I'm curious.

Multi-vitamin. Kirkland brand. Pretty generic.
Glucosamine, 2 tabs. started this after my herniated disc a decade ago. It may help your joints and discs and cartilage. Maybe, maybe not. Can't hurt. Tests show it helps dogs with lower back issues, so I'll do anything that might help avoid another back issue. Cheap insurance.
Fish oil 2 capsules. might be good for joints and skin and circulatory system. This one scares me a bit.  The omega3's are supposed to be good, but there is a risk of mercury from the fish. Kirkland brand seems pretty well rated, though.
Fiber 2 capsules. started this on a doctors recommendation. He said he had a friend with colon cancer, and he never wanted to see that happen to anyone else. Said some European studies supported extra fiber could reduce the risk. Again, cheap insurance. Plus this one gives you truly phenomenal bowel movements. Really epic.

I also have a protein shake after every workout (strength) so min of 5 per week. Usually less than 5 minute after working out, during that 30 min window of efficiency.

I haven't heard or read of anything else proven to be essential, but I am willing to consider it all

Tues. crossfit. Dips, sit ups, box jumps. Coffee. Peanut butter toast. Orange. Chipotle chicken on wheat. Roasted broccoli. Pasta/kale/sausage. apple. granola. Pork roast. Squash. Green beans. zinger. lots of water.  Maybe champagne? It's new years eve, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment