Monday, December 30, 2013

Day 4. Mon. Crossfit, day downtown, 5K run.

Hit the 5:30am crossfit this morning, even though it's a day off from work. Dragged T with me again.  She doesn't mind 5:30 so much when Robyn is there, but she's still fairly slow to get it in gear that early. Darryl coached, which was nice, I like Darryl's style.

10 min EMOM (every minute on the minute), from the ground, 1 hang clean (squat) and 2 front squats. Started at 95#, worked my way up to sets of 125#. Not too heavy for the squat, but getting heavy for the hang clean (only a warmup).   WOD was 15 min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible), 10 front squats (from ground) and 10 pull ups. Loaded bar to 105#. Didn't feel like I could go much heavier and still string 10 front squats without having to ditch. Got 6 full rounds plus 10 front squats plus 1 pullup. Felt real good this morning, a day of rest helped.

Spent the day downtown with the family. Mom bought me a jacket at Niketown - the Nike Allover Flash. Ridiculously expensive, one of this things I could never justify for myself, but mom thought it would help keep me safe. Seriously, its got a special coating, a "glass beaded exterior that produces 360 degrees of 400 candlepower of reflectivity". It's seriously cool, I love it. It feels like a spacesuit.

Ran my 5K loop through mukilteo, same loop as I often do.  New jacket was so shiny. Also, first week of my second new pair of shoes. I bought 2 pairs of Adidas supernova glide 5, in different colors.  I plan to alternate weeks with them as I train for Berlin. The Adidas energy boosts, I will save for a run every once in awhile, but I hope they will be my Berlin shoes. Ran a little faster than normal tonight, finished 5K in 26 flat (8:23 min/mile). There was a running pack of women taking the whole sidewalk. I sped up, passed in the street, and then didn't want them on my heels for the next 2 miles. So I cranked it up a bit and didn't look back. Felt good to run a little faster tonight. A little competition (even unwitting) gets my heart pumping.

Monday. Crossfit: hang cleans, front squats, pull ups. 5K run. C4 extreme, coffee, scrambled eggs, sausage, apple fritter, almonds, rigatoni with chicken sausage and kale, broiled peppers, spinach salad, water.  lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment