Thursday, June 19, 2014

6/18/14. longish run.

the plan called for a 6 mile run, but i ended up doing a 10K (my loop for 6 miles is just a little longer than it needs to be).  the weather was good - approx 62 degrees, sunny.  ran in just shoes, sock, shorts.  if its over 60 degrees, and the sun is shining, i cannot stand to run in a shirt.  even a singlet seems like too much.  when i have to add my hydration pack on sunday, i will be sorry.  I ran this 10K a little faster than planned.  I didn't watch the pace and ended up at 8:13 min/mile avg moving pace, 10K in 51:06 elapsed.  it was hard, I felt stiff and sore while running.  I couldn't allow myself to think about all 6 miles at once while running.  I couldn't allow myself to worry about doing 5K tomorrow morning, or 6 miles at pace on saturday, or doing 11 miles on sunday.  i couldn't dwell on the fact that this is on track to be my highest mileage week in several years. i had to push all that out of my head and just try to concentrate on the next landmark.  think about small discrete goals that were well within my scope.  think about particular upcoming intersections, or hills, or landmarks on my path.  Just worry about getting to the next small goal, then pushing past.

I was really stiff/sore after the run.  maybe if i had been able to hold a slower pace, like 8:45 min/mile, i wouldn't be as stiff?  I also should have foam-rolled after, but i just didn't have the energy/motivation.  i played a little frisbee with E, which got me moving and probably helped a bit.  I know a lot of people swear by an ice bath after a long run, but i am just not that masochistic. yet.

tomorrow - 3 more miles in the morning, the gym in the afternoon, then a day of rest!  I cannot wait.

6/18/14. coffee. granola. orange. pork tenderloin. teriyaki noodles. peas. apple. almonds. gatorade. sausage/cabbage/onion on pasta. salad. cherries. lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment