Monday, June 2, 2014

5/31/14-6/1/14 5 mile pace run. 8 mile longish run.

saturday Hal called for a 5 mile pace run.  so this would be trying to hold the pace you think you would like to be able to run for a long distance.  I wanted to maintain 8 min/mile for my 5 mile run, which would have been a 40 min run.  it was hard.  I felt like i was working, not taking it easy.  i'm sure my HR was up, i know i was breathing heavy.  i finished my 5 miles in 39:04, for an avg pace of 7:49/mile.  I was pretty happy with that.  It will be hard to try and maintain that pace on longer pace runs, but that's what training is for.  I managed to hit T's yoga class in the afternoon.  this was really good for me.  I know I like to bust on the yoga class, but i really feel it helps shorten my recovery time after the long runs and I am hoping it is another tool in my box that is helping to keep me injury free.

Sunday's long run was 8 miles.  it was little league day at the mariners game, so i needed to get up early and knock my miles out so we could have the day downtown.  i was up at 6am, and on the streets by 7:30am.  coming the day after the pace run, this felt like a long run on tired legs.  good training.  I really allowed myself to go slow, and take it at whatever pace felt right, not pushing it at all.  ended up running the 8 miles in 1:09:57, so just under an hour and ten.  felt fine, held an average pace of 8:45 min/mile.

all in all, it was a good running weekend.  the weather was fantastic, i managed to get it all down and still spend some time with my family.  this was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment